Tuesday, March 4, 2014

James Hetfield at the burger joint

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Its been a busy week, but I am settling down with an eye toward the weekend. So heres a fun thing that happened today.

My son and I went out for lunch at a local burger place called "The Counter", where all the burgers are custom made. It was kind of confusing: they give you instructions on how to order and then a checklist and a pencil. It was a pretty decent burger, though.

In the table next to us was a guy sporting multiple tattoos, who looked familiar. Wyatt joked, "hey, its James Hetfield", Metallicas front man and guitarist.

I turned around and chuckled. Yep, it did kinda look like him. I looked again. Wait a sec; he looks a lot like James Hetfield. We sat eating our lunches and pondering if it was James or not. When we heard his voice, it pretty much confirmed it. Finally, I just decided to go up and ask. I mean, it cant hurt to ask, right?

Sure enough, it was him! So he sat and talked to Wyatt all about guitars! I gotta say, James Hetfield is just about the nicest, friendliest man a guy could meet. I mean, how often does a 14-year-old kid get a chance to talk to not only his idol, but the guitarist from one of the biggest bands in the world? Awesomeness.


He gave Wyatt an autograph. And this is where I come in. I want to make a really special rock and roll kinda frame for it. Maybe in a guitar shape or something. Maybe include the Metallica logo. Im not sure, but it will be fun!

Heres one of my favorite Metallica songs:


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment