Monday, March 3, 2014

The Kreg Jig

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Okay, so one of the perks of making YouTube videos is that sometimes major manufacturers send you free stuff. Last week the folks at Kreg Tools sent me a Kreg Jig and asked me to make a video using it.

If you are not familiar with Kreg, it seems their flagship product is the Kreg Jig. Basically, its a pocket hole jig, but its really cool. It makes me think about retiring my biscuit joiner.

So Ive been trying to come up with a cool project using it. I mean, aside from building cabinets and the like. My woodworking process is a hit-or-miss proposition. I have an idea for a gift project to make, but am struggling with the design. Heres an example of my preliminary work:


As you can see, I really need to learn some sort of CAD program. Maybe Google Sketchup? What I think I will end up doing is just cutting wood and haphazardly start putting it together.

Well, heres a picture of the jig and perhaps why Im not getting anywhere.


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

1 comment:

  1. Gain your access to 16,000 woodworking plans.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, pics and diagrams to make each project very easy!

    ReplyDelete